Showing all 2 results
River Of God$14.99Add to cart
1. River Of God : An Introduction
2. From The Gods To The One God
3. From The One God To The Trinity
4. The Devil, The Demon, And The End Of The World
5. Keeping Body And Soul Apart: Treasure In Clay Pots
6. Saviors And The Savior Of The World
7. Overturning The World: The River Of God In The Twenty-First Century
Where did Christianity come from? Acclaimed author Gregory Riley embarks on a remarkable journey in this readable and persuasive account of the origins of Christianity. Riley demonstrates that early Christians held widely differing beliefs about God, Jesus, the Devil, and the human soul, and follows these beliefs back to their sources in Greek science and philosophy and the religions of the ancient Middle East. An expert on the context in which Christianity arose, Riley maps out a new understanding of the forging of Christianity, and conveys a vital message for today about the true nature of Christian faith as inherently diverse.
Resurrection Reconsidered : Thomas And John In Controversy$23.00Add to cart
Clarifying the relationship between the Gospel of Thomas and the Synoptics, Riley sheds fresh light on the doctrinal differences found among first-century disciples. His findings challenge and refute the idea that early Christians believed that Christ physically rose from the dead, emphasizing instead a “spiritual” resurrection. Includes non-transliterated Greek and Hebrew footnotes, indices, and bibliography.